Volunteers in various capacities: at the Adoption Center (office, dog walkers, cat cuddlers); foster homes; at Spay/Neuter Clinics; behind-the-scenes (e.g., photography, publicity, recycling, grant writing, corresponding, fundraising)
735 members as of 6/8/19 (individual memberships counted as 1, family memberships counted as 2)
HSV AWL received the GuideStar Exchange Gold level logo, a leading symbol of transparency and accountability provided by GuideStar USA, Inc., the premier source of nonprofit information. The logo demonstrates HSV AWLâ€™s deep commitment to nonprofit transparency and accountability.
In order to be awarded the GuideStar Exchange logo, HSV AWL had to fill out every required field of our nonprofit report on www.guidestar.org for the Gold level of participation.
We hope you will check us out and tell us what you think: HSV AWL GuideStar for your organization's profile on GuideStar.
• AWL, an all-volunteer nonprofit, has no paid employees
and receives no funds from POA.
• We are supported entirely from our modest membership
fees, donations, grants, and fundraisers.
• AWL typically cares for 550+ cats and dogs every year in
our shelter, and even more with our Foster Parent program.
• Most of our funds pay for veterinary care to prepare pets
• Our spay/neuter programs help low-income families in
Garland and Saline Counties.